DCC Soccer Team Wins First Playoff Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

DCC Soccer Team Wins First Playoff Game

Egan Peck, Staff Writer

The DCC soccer team took the field on Monday, October 22nd against Northern Potter. This game turned out to be a very special one, especially to the DCC seniors. Not only was this the first playoff game that this group of boys had ever won, but it was great to take the win on their home field.

The game started fast with the Cardinals looking for a goal and the perfect chance coming midway through the first half when junior Johnny Kurtz was tripped inside of the box for a penalty kick. NoPo’s goalie made a save on the penalty kick to keep the score 0-0. Meanwhile DCC keeper Tyler McIntosh was on the opposite side of the field preforming as he had all season with multiple unnatural saves. DCC broke though the opposing defense not long after the penalty save when Kurtz got a rebound outside of the box and put it away to give the Cardinals a 1-0 halftime lead.

DCC started the second half looking to capitalize again and secure the game. With multiple chances from strikers Jon Schoeneman and Sean Evans, the Cardinals chance finally came. Jon Schoeneman made a run down the middle of the field and received a through ball from Egan Peck.  He took a touch around the NoPo’s keeper and put it into the back of the net. After the game there was more good news as seniors Tyler McIntosh and Egan Peck were informed that they had made it onto the AML all-star team.

The Cardinals play on Wednesday, October 24th behind the Dubois Area High School against rivals Brockway at 7PM. Come out and support our team!