Footloose is a Big Hit!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Footloose is a Big Hit!

Madison Gill, Staff Writer

Last week was the opening week for the schools musical, and all three shows were sold out! This weekend is the last weekend to come see the musical so you should definitely reserve tickets! Hundreds of people came to see the show, and there was a lot of positive feedback from the audience.

Some sixth graders said the show was “an amazing show, with lots of energy, and made you want to jump out of your seat”.

Not only did the kids enjoy it but the upperclassmen did, they seemed to comment most on the amazing choreography, and how beautiful the set was.

Many teachers who saw the musical were extremely impressed, our own Mrs. C said she was very glad that there weren’t many small parts, everyone was important, and all of the actors transformed into their character.

Mr. Boland was also thoroughly impressed, saying “As always the students at DCC did a phenomenal job with their production of Footloose. For such a small school we have a huge pool of talented students. The two leads shine like the brightest stars, they are around a constellation of supporting characters. I want to see it again. The surprise cameo by Mrs. Korthaus is worth the price of admission alone”

The cast and crew are ecstatic to preform for one last weekend, and are grateful for all the smiles and laughs the first week has brought them, so they invite you to come and enjoy the last performances!

DCC will present FOOTLOOSE – the Musical on Friday, April 5 at 7PM and Saturday, April 6 at 2PM and 7PM.  Don’t Miss It!