Farewell Mrs.Chollock, DCC Will Greatly Miss You!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wish Mrs. C. well in her retirement!

Wish Mrs. C. well in her retirement!

Wish Mrs. C. well in her retirement!

Wish Mrs. C. well in her retirement!

Madison Gill, Staff Writer

As the 2018-2019 school year is coming to a close, Mrs.C’s final classes are approaching. Donna Reed Chollock started working at Central in the 1969 school year, since then she has taught Biology, AP Biology, AP Environmental Science, Ecology, Chemistry, and French I, II, III, and IIII. Over the years she has been the adviser for Envirothon, Prom, the Junior Class, Middle School Science Fair, St. Catherine’s Memorial Day Planting,  Spaghetti Dinner, working Bingo, Carnegie Science Day, and Foreign Trips.

Without Mrs. C our school would not have many amazing opportunities in science, or the positive energy she spreads to her students. Many students will remember that Mrs. C’s favorite color will forever be blue green, her love for chicken and waffles, and her room being called the D-14 Saloon.

She also has had many quotes through the years, such as “dead organisms don’t reproduce”, “we don’t perform stab culture”, “sharing is not caring in D-14”, and whenever a student would be unsure of their answer she’d jokingly respond “j’en sais pas” which means I don’t know in French.

Being featured on her Instagram has celebrity status for the freshman each year. Each class Mrs. C has taught has had many laughs and inside jokes with her, and her imprint will forever be left on her students.

She loves to travel and explore other cultures and has sponsored yearly trips since the mid 90’s.  Although she has always had a special place in her heart for France, she has led tours of over 25 countries including Italy, Greece, Russia, Fiji, and New Zealand.   During those trips, she has ridden a zipline through the jungle, taken gladiator lessons, and danced in discos.  Her love of learning leads her and her students to many wonderful experiences worldwide.

Mrs. C has not only helped her students educationally but has affected their attitudes towards learning. Central has been very blessed that she has spent the past 50 years  teaching here, and will dearly miss her smiling face in the building. Thank you Mrs. Chollock for everything you have brought to our school!