DCC Back to School – What’s New?

Back to Article
Back to Article

DCC Back to School – What’s New?

Sam Harris, Staff Writer

Summer has officially ended, the air is starting to chill as fall rolls in once more and welcomes the new school year. As we get into this brand new school term, we begin to unwrap the new things that have come with it. Not only are there many new teachers that we have recently welcomed onto the DCC staff, but there are also new student additions to the school as well.

As far as classes go, the new additions seem to only be the influx of new teachers occupying them. During the opening assembly students welcomed the new teachers as well as their new classmates with enthusiastic cheers.  Mrs. Caruso reminded the seniors that they are role models for the school, and recognized the fact that they are a class we can already be proud of.

There are new regulations and technology to keep our school safe, including a scanning system for visitors.  Students and visitors must enter through the elementary entrances starting this year.

Many of the classrooms have been newly decked out with new desk chairs and tables. There is a new water fountain by the lunchroom that is equipped with a new bottle refiller as well.

Students were actively involved in many learning activities throughout the building the first day, and classrooms were filled with laughter and smiling faces.  Clearly students were glad to see their friends and teachers and ready to start making wonderful and life-lasting memories.