DCC Celebrates 20 Years of Football with Brockway Rovers Co-op

Back to Article
Back to Article

Holly Deemer, Staff Writer

In 2000, DCC and Brockway High School came together to give DCC students the chance to play football. The Rover co-op is open for both junior high and high schoolers interested in playing football. For the 2019-2020 season, the co-op turns 20.

Over the years, many students have participated in the co-op and won awards from it, and even were awarded college scholarships for playing. Brockway Rovers assistant coach, Jake Heigel, class of 2013, participated in the co-op all 4 years of his high school career. Heigel went on to play football for Clarion University. He is now varsity offensive/defensive line coach. for the Brockway Rovers.

Other students such as Brian Elias (‘17), Peter Downer (‘19), and Mark Latuska (‘17) played in the annual Frank Varischetti All Star game. Student Joey Varsichetti, class of 2016, was an AML All-Star, D9 All-Star, and was a nominee for Mr. PA Football.

The co-op provides Central students with the opportunity to play football, currently sophomores Jacob Baird, Jack Adair, Peyton Maurer, and junior Tanner Morelli participate in the co-op.

We are grateful to Brockway School District for this opportunity for our students and proud of the many Central students who have played over the years!!!

Just Some of the Amazing Young Men Who Have Played Football Over the Past 20 Years!