DCC’s Postponements and Cancellations Due to COVID-19

Jaci Mennetti, Staff Writer

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been an inability to be in school and participate in school-related events. Consequently, numerous postponements and cancellations of school activities have been put in place. Some events that are to be rescheduled include the bloodmobile, spring auction, and SATs. The rescheduled dates are to be announced at a later time.

Students are currently practicing for the musical on ZOOM.  Dates for performances will be announced once we are past the COVID-19 crisis.

Other events that are canceled include all sports banquets and sporting events. Nonetheless, all athletes will be recognized whenever school is continued. The Annual Palm Sunday Spaghetti Dinner is also among the activities that are canceled. All of the money collected from the sold tickets for the dinner will be refunded.

There will be a 45 minute online, remote test that AP students who already signed up for the exam are able to take.  The AP teachers are all aware of this and will be communicating with students regarding this information.  Students will be eligible to take the exam when they are ready.  There is a test prep on students’ AP Central account.  Students will be given further information regarding when the test is open for students.