2021 DuBois Rotary Radio Auction Tomorrow, March 6th

DCC Rotary Interact Club Continues Its Service

President+Holly+Deemer+discusses+service+options+at+rotary+meeting+

President Holly Deemer discusses service options at rotary meeting

Michaela Armanini , Writer

It is that time of year again! The annual DuBois Rotary Radio Auction, held this year on March 6th, 2021, helps raise money for our community and also helps advertise our local businesses that donate the items being auctioned.

Just as a regular auction would be, listeners can tune in to Sunny 106.5 from 9am-2pm, and when they want to make a bid for one of the items being auctioned over the radio, they will call to place their bid. Auction fliers were in the Courier Express on Friday the 26th and can be picked up at the chamber office.

Our DCC Rotary Interact Club members as well as DAHS members will make the phone calls to inform the listeners of if they won. Last year, the Rotary Radio Auction broke an all time record and raised more than $36,000 dollars!

Because this is the Rotary Interact club’s only fundraiser, it’s very important that members of our community call to place bids and for business owners to make donations each year.

All of the money raised from the DuBois Rotary Radio Auction stays in our community. This money provides scholarships, teen leadership training, and support for local non-profit organizations.

Some of these organizations include the DuBois Area United Way, Reitz Theater, Special Olympics, American Red Cross, DuBois Free Medical Clinic, Girls Scouts of America, Bucktail Council, the DuBois Public Library and many other worthy causes around our area.

Our Rotary Interact students are excited for this event and to continue serving their community!