The Prince is Giving a Ball! “Cinderella” Takes the Stage at DCC

IF WE COULD WAVE A MAGIC WAND, COVID WOULD GO AWAY AND THE DCC PLAYERS WOULD PUT RODGERS AND HAMMERSTEIN’S CINDERELLA ON THE STAGE AT DUBOIS CENTRAL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL…CROWDS WOULD COME…CHILDREN WOULD BE ENCHANTED…LIFE WOULD RETURN TO NORMAL!  The Class of 2021 would finish their high school careers basking in the love and tradition that their senior year should have!

BUT NO ONE HAS A MAGIC WAND – we all have masks and sanitizers – MUCH PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE TO CONTAIN THE PANDEMIC AND WE ARE CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC THAT CINDERELLA CAN APPEAR ON OUR STAGE April 22-25 and April 30-May 1, 2021.  NOT WITH OUR USUAL FANFARE BUT WITH A STAGE (built by Dan Youngdahl and Bill Miller, decorated by Kris Wingert) AND A CAST – READY TO GO LAST YEAR WITH REPLACEMENTS FOR CLASS OF 2020 GRADUATES.  Costumes we have, music and musicians are on call.

WE ARE PREPARED TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING ADJUSTMENTS:

Tickets can be reserved though actual seats will not be allocated until the day of the performance, based upon the percentage allowance that is published for our 357-seat auditorium.  Your group will be accommodated and seated when you pick up the tickets at the door.

The placement of seats will follow CDC guidelines and the auditorium will be cleaned and sanitized after each performance.

Masks and social distancing will be required according to the CDC directives of April 2021.

KNOWING THAT THE SITUATION IS FLUID AND THAT CHANGES WILL BE MADE ON A DAILY BASIS, YOU ASK…’why go to all this trouble?’ Having been 1 day from presentation in 2020, we wrapped up our set, hung up our costumes, begged Rodgers and Hammerstein for a continuance on the license and decided that these kids need to perform this show, adjust to the changes and learn that something that they have worked so hard on is worth doing.

SO, PLAN TO COME SEE CINDERELLA, April 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, May 1, 2021 at 7:30 pm and April 25 and May 1st at 2:00 pm.  Tickets can be reserved by calling 814-371-3060 ext. 601. (Adults – $12, Students or Seniors – $8, Kids 11 and Under – $5) Tickets must be paid 2 days before the performance.

Not able to attend a performance of CINDERELLA in person?  Stream the event from home!  For just $11, you can watch all of the performances live or on demand at NFHS Network -DuBois Central Catholic High School.