DCC Prepares for Pro-Life Week, October 4-8

During the first week of October, DCC traditionally holds a week of events to bring awareness to Pro-Life issues, to pray for them, and to celebrate the gift of life.  These activities are sponsored by the school’s Campus Minister, Mrs. Becky Dutra and the Students for Life Group.

The service project for the month is a diaper drive to help mothers and babies in need through Catholic Charities.  There will also be a Cutest Senior Baby Contest which will benefit Make a Wish.

Students will be able to participate by having a Wear White for Life  day on Tuesday, October 5.  They can also wear a pro-life sweatshirt if they have one.  Theology classes will discuss the importance and sanctity of all human life throughout the week. Elementary classroom doors are being decorated to celebrate life as a gift.

The high points of this week include the Respect Life Mass that will be held on Wednesday and the All-School Pro-Life March and Prayer Service on Thursday.  This year senior, Sophia Ginther will sing the solo “Masterpiece” at Mass which has long been a Central tradition.

In the words of one of the students, “During this week is we focus on recognizing how precious the gift of life is in all its stages and learn to respect it in our relationships with every other human being.”