Cardinal Ball 2022

line+dance

Morgan Tyler, Guest Writer

DuBois Central Catholic hosted its annual winter semi-formal, The Cardinal Ball, on Saturday, January 29, 2022. The dance was from 7-9:30pm, and the theme was “Golden Memories”, which coincides with two milestone anniversaries occurring within the school.

This year marks 60 years of Catholic education in DuBois and 20 years in the current school building since the move from Hospital Avenue. As a result, dozens of pictures from past Central dances and events from both locations decorated the walls for the event, along with lights, black and gold knick-knacks, twinkling willow trees, and a large balloon fountain.

The dance was organized by the Senior High Student Council, advised by Mrs. Kunkle and headed by Student Council president, Emma Suplizio. “I think planning, there was a little bit of pressure because we knew that a lot of people missed the Cardinal Ball last year, so we really wanted to make it special and memorable,” said President Suplizio. “After experiencing the dance and getting all positive feedback from all the grades, we definitely executed well.” The council worked extremely hard in orchestrating the successful event, complete with photography by Patty Prescott, decorations, refreshments, and DJ, 2021 Central alum, Holly Deemer.

The dance made a comeback since its last occurrence in 2020, as 2021 was filled with guidelines and restrictions that were a great obstacle to all social gatherings. “I think everyone had a great time at Cardinal. The two and a half hours flew by because we were all having so much fun. I’m kind of bummed we missed out on it last year,” said a sophomore attendee.

The ball was a great success, filled with over a hundred students wearing beautiful dresses and dapper suits, eager to get back to dancing.