Cardinal-Thon 2022

Cardinal-Thon+2022

Olivia Helm, Guest Writer

DCC’s Cardinal-Thon was a tremendous success! On March 13th from 11AM to 3PM, elementary students and their families met up for special activities and refreshments. However, the event was a bit different this year — DCC switched it up! Instead of the typical obstacle course that included running between and jumping over colorful cones, an inflatable obstacle course was set up for kids to enjoy! It kept the students busy all day long, and nearly all families were thrilled about the change.

“Me and my friends raced down the blow-up slides. I liked it a lot,” one student commented.

“It was a great success. The kids loved it. The families loved it. Everyone loved it! The inflatables went over really well. We haven’t had Cardinal-Thon for about two years now, so I was a bit nervous getting started, but I’ve heard nothing but good things,” Mrs. Roy, the organizer of the event, shared. “This was probably the most successful Cardinal-Thon we’ve had in a while. It went really well. Next year is going to be bigger and better,” she said.

Additionally, there was an abundance of food for families to enjoy in the cafeteria. Free snacks such as popcorn and popsicles were a personal favorite of most students. The bake sale, which featured plenty of tasty desserts, was also set up in the cafeteria alongside the Chinese Auction. Items like bikes, gift baskets, and others could be won there. If any students or family members needed a break or some quiet time, they were permitted to go to the art room. While there, they could draw and help themselves to some juice boxes or fruit gummies.

“This was my favorite Cardinal-Thon yet. I hope they do the inflatables every year. It keeps the kids distracted, and it’s a nice add-on,” one parent stated. This is only one of the many positive reviews DCC has received over Cardinal-Thon this year.

The school would like to thank all of the families that attended, volunteers that helped, and the community for the numerous donations and sponsorships. Let’s hope future Cardinal-Thons are just as spectacular!