Inspiration at DCC

Olivia Helm, Guest Writer

Schools like DCC tend to be filled with inspiration. You just have to look in the right places to find it. Students and teachers alike are regularly finding motivation in the littlest things. Here are a few examples when students have been inspired by teachers and what that meant to them personally.

“I’ve been deeply inspired by Mrs. Rice. She puts herself out there, and she has high standards of you. She calls you to be the best version of yourself. It’s her attitude every single day that inspires me to keep going. It lets me know I can be great in anything I want to do. She speaks words of wisdom and inspiration. She really helps me focus and work my absolute best.” 

“Mr. Murphy is someone who has inspired me a lot. I used to struggle with finding motivation and finding the strength to do simple work. Then one day, my English class and I were assigned with writing an essay on a book. When the essay was graded, Mr. Murphy told me something that really stuck with me. It was, ‘You can write, kiddo! This is good stuff!’ That changed me. It made me realize how much of my potential I was pushing away. Ever since then, Mr. Murphy’s inspired me to constantly find ways to better myself. He inspires me to not beat myself up over everything and to just think about what I can do to improve. I still think it’s okay to get sad about things, but now I try not to dwell on it so much.” 

“I was once inspired by Mr. Hrinya when he helped me feel motivated about the work I had to accomplish in his class. Up until that point, I’d been struggling to grasp a concept, and it just wasn’t clicking in my head. But I walked into his room one day, in the morning, and we just talked about it. We chatted about the entire issue, and he told me about how he believed that I could do it. About how he knew I could understand it, and then apply it into practice. Later that day, in his class, I felt everything sort of fall into place, and I finally grasped the subject. It meant a lot to me. It made me feel confident in my work.”

“One teacher that has inspired me is Mrs. Kramer. She’s inspired me in many ways beyond the classroom. She helps me to be the best student and person I can possibly be. Her classroom is a welcoming environment that makes me feel safe and sound. She teaches me things so that I can fully understand them. Mrs. Kramer makes what we learn fun at the same time. She’s super kind and caring towards me and my other peers. She truly inspires me to want to do good in all of my classes. With her help, I’ll be able to incorporate what I have learned from her into my future plans.” Another student commented.

A special thank you to all of the students who shared their answers!